The software works fine on any MSWindows, from 95 osr2 to XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10; also with Mac / Linux with Wine. From the support history, we know that 100% of the Internet publishing faults are due to mistakes (either by the user or by the Web space hosting service).
Here the common FTP errors / user mistakes.
- wrong or incorrectly typed ftp server name (= host, server, ftpserver); Solution = check, retype, ask your host. Usually the format of the name to be inserted is yourserver.com or ftp.yourserver.com
- your firewall or antivirus or antispyware software is misconfigured; or a hardware firewall (some routers have an internal firewall); Solution = disable or better configure
- problems with the Internet connection or the ISP or the host; Solution = check the hardware, contact the ISP, contact the host;
- verify if "passive" is checked (within the Server settings tab); try to check it
- see also what is below under error 550 etc.
- wrong username (=user, identifier, userid, login) and/or password; Solution = check, retype, ask your hosting provider;
- maybe the host did inadvertitly reset the parameters; Solution = ask your hosting service.
- username and password are ok but the ftpserver (host) is KO, so you are actually attempting to connect to another server with a similar name; Solution = check, retype;
Error 550 or some other numbers 425 420 etc. or Access Denied
- it is likely the "Initial remote directory" is wrong
usually the initial remote directory should be set as the "web" folder, that is the folder that will be shown on the web. You may see a lot of folder, but only one may be enabled for the Web.
Solution = check the parameters provided by your Web space hosting service; or try to guess the parameter; or ask your host;
Typical values are:
To correct the problem, you must put the name of the correct directory/folder (possibly /public_html ) within the "initial remote directory" box of the "FTP Setup" tab of the Publishing dialog, then republish. You may attempt with all the suggestions above. It is likely one will work. Or, better, ask your host, they know the directory/folder name as it is their choice. We do not know your host settings.
No errors but the site doesn't show correctly
- it is likely the "Initial remote directory" is wrong,
Solution = see above the instructions for error 550
- there are problems with pre-existing content. The existing content (if initial remote directory is OK) is shown on the right side of the publishing dialog. You may delete it: select then press the DEL key on the keyboard
The publishing process interruptes or Error 331 or some other numbers or it stalls
- it is likely your server is experiencing a temporary overload. Just press the moving "Stop!" button and wait until it stops. Then press the big "Publish" button and it will continue the publishing (without restarting). If this error persists, try to change the setting "passive": sometimes this fixes the problem. Or try to connect with another ISP / carrier, or try at another time of the day, or... find a less cheap hosting service!
The trial sometimes forgets the parameters or is annoying
- this is a limitation of the trial. Please purchase.
Please email to the Support Staff if you experience other difficulties! Include ftp server name, username, password, initial remote directory (if you don't have these parameters, please ask your host / the company that sold you your web space. If you don't have a host, you may see our page about hosting)
It is really simple to create a Web site with Easy Web Editor!!
If you are using the trial, then purchase now!